Is anybody still out there?? - The Spa Party Blog

12.18.2010

Is anybody still out there??

It has been soooooo long since I've blogged and I've missed it. I can't promise I'll be as consistent as I was before, but I figured I'd like to get back to blogging at least periodically, because my notebook is still bursting with all the ideas I have yet to share. Meanwhile, I have to re-learn the whole Blogger platform and all the upgrades. The fact that I still get comments on posts I wrote what seems like eons ago, esp in internet time, has also been encouraging.
Life has taken me in a bunch of new directions. I went from being a SAHM mom, to now working part time and going back to grad school. My online store has currently closed, as I pursue other avenues, but I pray that eventually my dreams of being a mompreneur materialize.

Ok so to the topic that brought me here today... Men and pedicures

Last February, I actually wrote a series of posts, that offered a series of suggestions for a co-ed spa party, that wouldn't be too feminine for the guys to enjoy. As I said then, my husband is NOT the type of guy who would normally go anywhere near a foot soak bath. However, he's also switched careers in the past year and now that he is in construction he is on his feet pretty much all day. I've been giving him foot rubs at night, and have been able to even convince him to do Epsom salt foot soaks once a week to help relieve the pain, and to soften his feet making them easier for me to massage.

His birthday is next Monday and I have a series of things planned for Sunday, including visitng Medieval Times. So I figured I should kick the Sunday night foot soak up a notch and do a "foot rub fit for a king" or something along those lines.

So here is the part where I see if anyone is still paying attention. I'm trying to decide what exactly to do, not so interested in the nails part but more so exfoliating and massaging. So here is an initial list of things to throw out, of course I won't do all of them but it'll get the ball rolling. Let me know what you think will work well, what you'd do or if there are anyother suggestions.

  • Marbles at the bottom of the foot bath to help massage (which may be cool since the massage function on the bath does little more than make the water vibrate)
  • Hot rock massage -heated using crockpot
  • Melting paraffin in my crockpot
  •  I think I'll def pick up a ped Egg
  • I do have some powdered milk left over from a chai recipe so I may incorporate that in the soak with the salt instead of my usual vinegar
Any other suggestions, for a manly upgraded foot bath/rub?? Don't worry you won't ruin the surprise as this blog is the LAST place in the net my husband is likely to look.


Your Resident Spashionista!

6 comments:

Coretta December 20, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

Welcome back! I've just returned myself so I feel you on the blogging - life has a way of adjusting some of our best laid plans. But there are teachable moments in all of it and you'll be even better equipped to be a mompreneur.

LOVE that the husband is getting the full foot treatment after being on his feet all day. Those foot massages can be addictive. I like the marbles and parafin ideas. Whatever you do, I know he'll love it.

Itiel December 22, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

Still here! He is going to enjoy you pampering him. All your ideas are excellent. The marbles will definitely improve his foot reflexes. I've never thought about heating flat rocks in my crock pot-like that idea.

Be well.

rising from the grave zombie September 2, 2011 at 8:17 AM  

Hey, get back and write to us, your faithful readers & fans!

Sketched Soul June 22, 2012 at 1:48 PM  

As-salaamu'alaykum sis
Do you have a current email address? the one on your profile doesn't work.
Jazaki'Allahu khair.

Or please email me at amtullah79@yahoo.ca
I need to ask you about the Ramadaan Surprise Box on my blog.

Take care
Farhana

Derry Hubs April 29, 2014 at 9:26 AM  

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all
that over again. Anyway, just wanted to say great blog!
Also see my site Princess Party Long Island

Keep it Up...!!

AmaTierra Hotel and Retreat December 31, 2020 at 4:29 AM  

Hello Friend,

Nice and great information I found in this blog. Thanx for sharing this information. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.


Yoga Retreats in Costa Rica

Post a Comment

Please Deposit Your 2 Cents!

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Validator